Saturday, August 30, 2003

City Comforts

David Sucher has several interesting items up at City Comforts. There's this posting about the universality of people's preferences for particular types of landscape and urban design.

And then there's this question:
Where are the land use LAW blogs?
For most people that's not exactly front-and-center as an issue of great concern. In fact some might say "Thank goodness!" I do understand.

* * *
As, to my mind, land use and environmental law encapsulates some of the most interesting, intriguing and relevant areas of the law, I wonder why no one is blogging it? Rhetorical question of course but if I am wrong, which I hope is so, and someone out there is doing it, please let me know.

And in fact what's even more puzzling (because a bit more realistic,) I don't see law bloggers (cursory review I concede) addressing the subject at all.
Well, I would love to do more blogging about local land use law. You could put a Ten Commandments monument in every public building in the country, and it still wouldn't have as much real-world effect on as many people's actual lives as do the land use regulations in any single small town or village.

But the problem is, I don't know that much about it. And the main reason for that is local land use law is so . . . local. While I can look up federal and state laws with a few clicks of a mouse via LEXIS, I just don't know how to even begin looking up and keeping tabs on even a fraction of the local laws and regulations that affect land use.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home