Monday, October 31, 2005

Alito

I wish I had more to say about the time that I met Judge Alito. It was the fall of 1998, and he called me for a clerkship interview. My wife and I drove from Boston down to Newark, had the interview, and drove back. Judge Alito was very affable and friendly, and I enjoyed talking to him, but unfortunately I don't really remember much about the conversation. I do remember two things quite clearly:

1) We saw two gentlemen having a knife fight on the street. This was while we were driving to the courthouse.

2) Judge Alito's clerks volunteered (half-joking, half-seriously) that one of the nice things about the clerkship was that "you always get to leave by 5, because it's too dangerous to be around the courthouse after dark."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home