Friday, November 10, 2006

The Country Has Spoken?

I just heard Harry Reid on NPR saying (I repeat from memory): "The country has spoken loud and clear."

Well, no. A few thousand voters in Virginia and Montana decided to vote for the particular Democratic candidate in their state. Otherwise, Harry Reid would still be the minority leader. Reid is mistaken, just as much as if Bush in 2000 or 2004 said that the "country" had spoken, as opposed to a few hundred or thousand voters in Florida or Ohio. (Maybe he did say that, for all I know.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeremy Pierce said...

I don't know if Bush said anything, but I do remember lots and lots of Democrats complaining that he was acting as if he had a mandate when he didn't.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home